Thanks for stopping by!
→ My Projects
Various things that I'm working on:
- I'm a contributor to the OpenMW project, which is creating a GPL3-licensed 3D game engine that's compatible with The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind from scratch.
- Modding-OpenMW.com started as a small site for my personal modded Morrowind+OpenMW setup, and is now a reasonably large catalogue of mods and information about their usability with the OpenMW engine. Source code is viewable here, subscribe to the mailing list here.
- The Modding-OpenMW Gitlab org is a hub for OpenMW mods I've created as well as resources and tools for creating and self-hosting your own mods.
- WEM is a command-line tool for managing wine environments. Inspired by Lutris and rbenv.
- This website is an ongoing project, check out the source code at Sourcehut!
- mpd-info is a very small Flask application that's designed to serve up bits of track info over HTTP, in json format. This is what powers the song info on my radio page!
- Black Hole Gate: Dimension Warrior is a video game written with Godot Engine. It's in an early pre-alpha state; design-wise it was intended to be a clone of the NES Dragon Warrior games. Development is currently on hiatus.
- xbps.hristos.net is where I host packages for Void Linux.
→ VO Work
Projects that feature voice-over work by me:
- OpenMW Roadmap Update (2022 April Fools' Day joke)
- One Day Morrowind Modernization (this was a livestream with Rob of Rob's Red Hot Spot)
- OpenMW 0.47.0 Release Announcement
- OpenMW 0.46.0 Release Commentary
Some of them, in no particular order:
- Charles Farce: You may know him for his work on StepMania, but he's also done art for some of my projects including: pixel art for games, and fliers for various shows that bands I've been in have played.
- Daniil Baturin: He's the creator of Soupault, which is the static site generator I use to create this very website. He's also created tunes for a game project I worked on.
- Ben F. Joyner: We collaborate on code, art, and musical ventures, among other things. He created the logos for MousikóFídi and WEM.
- Paolo Bolzoni: We've collaborated on several Morrowind/OpenMW modding projects. Author of Forested Morrowind and other great mods.
- Marshall E. Brune is my luthier. I trust him to help keep my guitars performing as best as they can, and he does a fantastic job. Aside from that he's just an all around great human.
- Darkseid's Couch is a podcast about comics, featuring one of my best friends.
→ Things I Like
Also in no particular order:
- Sourcehut is an excellent code forge that doesn't try to lock you in with "features", which only serve to abstract useful things that are already built into git itself.
GNU Emacs is my text editor of choice for various reasons.
M-x tetris RET!
- Magit is one of the most important tools in my workflow. It's my favorite git client.
- The MiSTer FPGA project is one of my favorite classic gaming efforts. Accuracy-focused, FPGA-based emulation on the DE-10 Nano board.
- Godot Engine is an amazing free software game engine. My preferred tool for creating games.
- GDQuest helped me learn how to make games with Godot, I love the work they do and recommend it to anybody interested in the topic.
- The /tube project is an awesome front-end to YouTube that I vastly prefer over the stock UI/UX by ABC/Google.
- ROMhacking.net is a huge catalogue of patches and fan translations for games for various consoles, as well as a forum where projects are blossomed and discussed.
- Searx is an awesome, self-hostable metasearch engine that aggregates results from several search engines under one UI.
- Void Linux is my Linux distribution of choice (since 2015). From the excellent XBPS package manager, to providing an ecosystem for those that want to avoid a certain scope-less Cthulu of an "init system" that I will not name here, to providing support for musl libc, there's lots to love in Void for those that are experienced with UNIX systems.